Let me keep it simple. You are not getting interview calls for any of the following TWO reasons –
- Your resume, one of the most critical marketing tools in your hands, is not well prepared to highlight your strengths and expertise.
- You are applying for wrong or vague jobs.
Here are suggestions -
- Fine-tune your resume. Take professional help. Make sure your resume is grammatically correct. Ensure that your experience, achievements, and competencies are properly highlighted and placed in the right position.
- Apply for jobs that complement your competencies and experiences.
- Accompany your resume with a well-crafted Covering Letter. The covering letter must highlight your strengths and it must answer the following questions – “Why you think you are suitable for the role?” and “What are your unique selling points”. You must prepare a different covering letter for every job that you are applying for.
- If required, increase the geographical area of your job search.
- Take the help of professional job consultants.
- Reach out to your friends.
- Reach out to your references. Tell them about your strengths and what you bring to the table.
- It helps to be socially active on forums like Quora, LinkedIn Groups or any other forum relevant to your area of expertise. Remember, visibility is critical to get the right attention.
Following these steps will increase your chances of getting interview calls by 80-90%.
I hope this will help.